Properties and Applications of Sodium Bicarbonate
25 March 2022
By neutralising excess stomach acid, sodium bicarbonate, popularly known as baking soda, is used to treat heartburn, sour stomach, or acid indigestion. When used, for this reason, it is classified as an antacid, a type of medicine. It can be used to treat stomach or duodenal ulcer symptoms. In some cases, sodium bicarbonate is administered to make the blood and urine more alkaline.
The crystalline structure of sodium bicarbonate, also known as sodium hydrogen carbonate, is monoclinic. In the year 1791, a French chemist named Nicolas Leblanc created sodium carbonate. Austin Church and John Dwight, two New York bakers, founded the first plant to make baking soda in 1846. It's a powder version of a white solid crystalline chemical substance. Sodium ions and bicarbonate ions make up this salt. NaHCO3 is its molecular formula. It's a shaky foundation. Baking soda is the popular name for this ingredient, which is used in cooking. The PH level is approximately 8.31.
Palvi FZE is an excellent and the most prevalent Sodium Bicarbonate distributor in Nigeria.
Children under the age of six should not be given antacids unless their doctor has recommended them. Because youngsters are unable to adequately describe their symptoms, a doctor should examine the kid before administering this medication. It's possible that the youngster has a condition that necessitates additional therapy. If this is the case, antacids will not assist and may potentially exacerbate the problem.
Without a prescription, sodium bicarbonate for oral usage is available.
Palvi FZE is one of the most prominent as well as distinguished Sodium Bicarbonate suppliers in Ghana.
- NaHCO3 has a crystalline, white look.
- In ethanol, this chemical is insoluble, although methanol and acetone are slightly soluble.
- The solubility of this chemical in water is 96 grams per litre at a temperature of 20 degrees Celsius.
- It is used to kill cockroaches and limit fungal growth as a pesticide.
- It's used as a disinfectant to keep armpits free of odours and irritation.
- It's used in the kitchen, mainly to bake foods.
- It is used in medicine to avoid chemotherapy side effects by being given intravenously.
- Because of its antibacterial characteristics, it is used to clean kitchen items.
- It is used to keep teeth and mouth clean.