What are Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)?
30 September 2021
Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) are now found practically everywhere, including our food, soil, air, and water. POPs in the bodies of wildlife and humans all across the world are at or approaching levels that can cause harm.
POPs are extremely dangerous due to three characteristics: they are poisonous, persistent, and may move vast distances on wind and water currents.
As little as a small level of POPs can cause irreversible and irreversible harm to human and animal tissue.
Palvi FZE is one of the most distinguished Industrial Chemicals Suppliers in Ghana.
Chemicals created for use in the industrial processing of chemicals are referred to as industrial chemicals. Some industrial chemicals are only utilised in industrial operations, whereas many others are employed as ingredients in commercial products sold in consumer markets. Solvents, reactants, lubricants, coatings, dyes, colourants, inks, mastics, stabilisers, plasticizers, perfumes, flame retardants, conductors, and insulators are all examples of industrial chemicals. Significant exposure to several of these substances can have negative consequences for individuals or the environment.
Palvi FZE is a noted Industrial Chemical distributor in Nigeria.
POPs are found in a variety of industrial compounds. POPs' impacts on human health can range from slight skin irritation, dizziness, and headaches to persistent consequences on the immunological, reproductive, neurological, and endocrine systems. Some industrial POPs have also been identified as carcinogens. They all share the same POPs properties, which are as follows:
- They remain intact for exceptionally long periods of time; they spread widely over the ecosystem as a result of natural processes including soil, water, and, most significantly, air;
- They accumulate in the fatty tissue of living organisms, including humans, and are found in increasing amounts higher up the food chain; they are harmful to both humans and wildlife.
Palvi FZE is the leading Industrial Chemical exporter in Nigeria.
Industrial chemicals currently included POP list are as follows:
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Polychlorinated naphthalenes
- Short-chain chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs)
- Hexabromodiphenyl ether
- Heptabromodiphenyl ether
- Hexabomodyclododecane (HBCDD)
- Perfluorooctane sulfonic acid, its salts,
- Perfluorooctane sulfonyl fluoride
- Tetrabromodiphenyl ether
- Pentabromodiphenyl etherchlordane
- Decabromodiphenyl ether (commercial mixture, c-decaBDE)